There is nothing more thrilling than action films with climax music.
So turn up the volume and get the popcorn ready…
Grab the remote and…
“Wait. Why am I unable to hear anything from my TCL television?”
Such a pity! But do not fret.
I will assist you in repairing it so that you may continue viewing your favorite movie.
Keep reading to discover:
- Resetting your TCL television’s audio settings.
- The most prevalent causes of this condition.
- Nine fast remedies you can try to restore sound to your TCL television.
- Much, much more…
Why is there no audio on my TCL television?
Your TCL television is silent because the volume is too low. Incorrect audio settings and old firmware may potentially contribute to this issue. And in some circumstances, it’s because your television is malfunctioning and requires a simple restart.
TCL TV without sound: nine fixes
1: Check the volume of your TV
It is easy to panic when a perfectly functioning television suddenly loses its audio.
However, the most prevalent cause of soundless TCL televisions is not really a problem.
Typically, when you cannot hear audio from your television…
It is either muted or your volume is too low to hear anything. Perhaps there are loud sounds outside that impede your ability to hear.
Therefore, before to attempting a formal “repair,” verify the volume.
To do so:
Step 1: Press the volume up button on the remote.
It is the first button on the remote control’s right side.
Step 2: Move closer to your TV.
This will improve your ability to hear your speakers.
Step 3: Raise the volume over 50%.
Step 4: Determine whether or not you can hear anything.
While you’re at it, make sure your device is not muted. To mute or unmute your TV, click the last button on the right side of your remote.
2: Try alternative applications or channels
When audio fails on TCL televisions…
It is not necessarily due to the television itself.
Occasionally, the apps or channels you’re utilizing to stream are the source of the issue.
Fortunately, it is simple to determine whether this is the case.
If you are currently streaming on one application such as Netflix, simply move to another 1.
Once you have completed these steps, verify that your audio is once again operational.
If this does not assist…
Restart the television
I’m aware that this phrase is a bit formal.
But do not fret.
The procedure itself is quite straightforward, and you’ve likely performed it before.
3: To power cycle your television…
Simply unplug it from the electrical outlet and plug it back in.
However, this solution can perform wonders and cure a variety of issues.
And if you’re wondering why this is effective…
It is reasonably straightforward.
Although televisions do not physically fatigue like you and I do…
They can nevertheless become overwhelmed by all their responsibilities.
And when this occurs…
Even with the most simple commands, they encounter numerous difficulties.
Similar to listening to the audio of the show you are watching.
Fortunately, a power cycle is sufficient to restore the TV’s functionality.
To restart your TCL television:
- Turn off your television.
- Disconnect it from the power source.
- Wait for sixty seconds.
- Plug it back into an electrical outlet.
- Ensure that the adapter is completely inserted.
- TURN ON your television set.
Still having problems? Then…
4: Check your audio configuration
TCL televisions include one feature that is rare to find on other brands.
This is the option to switch OFF the TV speakers.
“Isn’t that simply silencing it?”
This is a distinct option on your television that may be accessed through its settings menu.
And if this setting is OFF, that would explain why there is no sound.
To check your TCL audio configuration:
- On your remote, press Home.
- Scroll down until you see the Settings option.
- Click it and choose Audio.
- Select the first entry in the list labeled “Speakers.”
- On the right side of the display, select TV speakers.
While you’re at it…
Modify your audio configuration:
- Press Home once again.
- Navigate to Options > Audio.
- Select Audio mode.
- Press the remote’s right arrow button.
- Highlight Automatic (Stereo)
Verify if this has resolved your audio problem.
5: Turn off Automatic volume adjustment
Different films and television shows have varying audio quality and volume levels.
Modern TCL televisions incorporate an Automatic Volume Leveling function for this reason.
As its name suggests, Volume Leveling seeks to maintain the volume level of your television…
Regardless of the sort of media now playing on your device.
However, being a relatively new feature…
This setting is not always precise and is susceptible to several problems and malfunctions.
Some users suffer an audible delay when this setting is enabled…
And for some, this completely halted their television’s audio transmission.
Similar to the current state of your television.
Fortunately, you only need to press a few buttons on the remote to correct this.
- To switch OFF Automatic Volume Leveling, press the Home button on your remote.
- Choose Settings
- Click Audio > Volume settings.
- Select OFF from the three options provided.
6: Reset the power to your router
What does my internet have to do with the audio on my television?
Streaming over the internet has everything to do with this concept.
It is simple to believe that WiFi only needs to load the video portion of the show you are watching.
However, you must remember…
Your internet is also responsible for processing these videos’ audio.
Therefore, you must also consider your network’s speed.
Don’t fret. I got you.
The simplest method to improve your Internet connection is to reboot your router.
You have experience in power cycling. So trust me, this procedure will be simple.
To restart your WiFi router:
- Remove the device from its power supply.
- Wait for 1 minute.
- Reconnect it to the wall outlet.
- Await its activation.
- Verify that your television is still linked to the network.
If you choose to pursue this further, here are…
Other ways to boost the internet connection on your TCL TV:
Connect your TV to your router through an Ethernet connection.
Retry playing a film or movie.
If you are still unable to hear…
7: Reset your audio/picture settings
With all the audio configuration options on your TCL television…
It is common to mistakenly alter one of them into an incompatible configuration.
“What do you mean?”
As if you chose Bluetooth speakers as your output when you weren’t utilizing any.
These little modifications can substantially alter the audio of your television.
But there is no cause for concern.
You may quickly restore your audio settings to their factory defaults by…
Resetting your television’s audio and video settings.
To reset the audio/video settings on a TCL television:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- navigating to Settings > System
- Find Advanced System Settings.
- Select Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Select Reset audio/video settings.
- Tap the play/pause button three times on your remote.
Verify that this has resolved your issue.
If it didn’t…
8: Update your TV
Most current televisions are programmed to update automatically when they are not in use.
So I don’t blame you if you’ve never checked to see if your television is updated.
However, like any other technical equipment…
Odd circumstances such as bugs and glitches can also disrupt the automated updates on your TCL television.
Consequently, they do not download anything.
But fret not. It is simple to upgrade your television.
Even if many updates have been missed over time…
This step will only need to be completed once.
There are three distinct software versions of TCL televisions.
- TCL Roku TV.
- TCL Google TV.
- TCL Android TV.
I will also explain how to update each 1.
To update TCL Roku TVs:
- Press Home on the remote control.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Settings.
- Scroll to the right and locate System.
- Scroll down and select System Update.
- Select Check Now
- Await the completion of the update process.
Want a visual guide? In addition, you can view this video:
To update Google TVs from TCL:
- Press the Settings button on your remote control.
- Select Settings on the screen’s right side.
- Navigate to System and select About.
- Tap System update.
- Select Update Network.
- If updates are available, download them immediately.
- Wait for your television to automatically restart.
To upgrade TCL Android-based televisions:
- Press Home on the remote control.
- Navigate until you locate the TV’s settings icon.
- Click the icon to open the Settings menu.
- Find Additional Settings and pick it.
- Select Device Settings > About.
- From the available options, pick System Update.
- A window will appear.
- Choose Network Update.
- Select OK to confirm.
After the update, restart your television (if it hasn’t already been done).
Then, attempt to play a movie or song again.
No success in hearing anything?
It is time to…
9: Perform a factory reset
This is the final solution you can try if the sound on your television is still not working.
“What does factory reset mean?”
It is a process that restores your television’s settings to their default or initial condition.
- Examples of items that will be erased during this procedure include:
- Menu options;
- Customized settings;
- Personal information stored;
Remember all the data you wish to retain from your existing configuration before continuing.
Thus, you can continue to set up your TV as you now do.
When you are ready…
To factory reset a TCL television:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Scroll down and hit the Settings button.
- Select System > Advanced system settings from the menu.
- Select the option to Reset to factory settings.
- Select “Factory reset everything” from here.
- A code will appear on the screen.
- Type the code displayed on your TV using your remote control.
- Tap OK.
- Wait till the process is complete.
Note: Each time you reset your TV, a different code will be generated.